Tuesday, February 1, 2011

At 4, he already knows how to un-friend.

Yes, I do realize that the majority of my posts are about children. But please forgive me. I just can't help it. They say and do the funniest things. Seriously.

Let me tell you about one of my many funny kids I babysit.
His name is Jackson. He has the longest hair on a little boy ever. He has a brush that he uses on himself, and submits to it being put in a ponytail. He's 4 years old and just started using complete sentences this year. Before that he used one word: tractor. Tractors were his purpose it life. Around 3 he started changing it up a little.
"Jule? (his name for me) Tractor? Drive? Tractor? "
He stuck to the basics. I like that about him.
Anyway, I had the privilege of babysitting him yesterday. As soon as I walked in he said, "Jule! You're my best friend!" I was touched. This kid made me day.

Until he found his toy elf.
 "Oh! He's my best friend!"

and I showed him an old snail shell.
"Aww...that's my best friend"

My bubble was a little on the popped side after that. But I still love him, he's just not as high on my best friends list as he was.

1 comment: